Thursday, May 9, 2013

Diapers Out of Pillowcases

Sorry I have not posted much in the last few days.  Back in mid April our basement flooded, along with the rest of Chicago so I have been dealing with that. I have also been working out almost everyday (with the help of some accountabilit-buddies), planning for Maddox's 5th birthday and making diapers for our chubby girl who keeps growing out of everything I have previously made.  This time I got smart, I am making one size diapers that should last for the long haul.  I am using scraps that I had here and a few upcycled things I found at the thrift store.  So a diaper that would normally cost $15-$25 is costing me practically nothing, just my time.  The first diaper took me nearly half a day to figure out but I think I have it down and I made these three so far.

This one was a vintage pillowcase.


I'm pretty excited about how they turned out and I have enough fabric cut for about 6 more so I have some work ahead of me in the next few days.

This on was an old tablecloth - I think she likes it!